What to eat and what not to eat for liver health Liver performs many important functions in our body. So for overall good health the liver should be kept healthy. But if there are defects in our lifestyle, liver problems can occur. If you want to keep your liver healthy, you need to pay attention to some foods as well as ignore some foods. Here is a list of dos and don’ts for liver health.
What not to eat for liver health Fatty foods: Fatty foods such as French fries and burgers do not deserve a place in a liver-healthy diet. Eating these foods is out of the question if you have liver problems. Eating too much food rich in saturated fat makes it harder for the liver to function. Over time, inflammation can lead to scarring of the liver called cirrhosis. So whether you have liver problems or not, try to avoid fatty foods and eat healthy foods.
* Sugary foods: Consuming too much sugar can cause liver damage. Sugary foods must be limited or avoided, especially if you have liver disease. The liver converts sugar into fat. So eating more sugar will cause the liver to produce more fat. It can lead to fatty liver disease in the long run. There’s nothing to be afraid of having a sweet treat once in a while.
* Alcoholic beverages: Excessive alcohol consumption can cause severe liver damage. Over time, drug addicts can develop cirrhosis of the liver. Even occasional drinking can be harmful. According to global studies, there is no safe level of drinking such drinks. So make a pledge to quit drinking to protect your liver.
* Packed snacks: Packed snacks are very popular food. One of the reasons for its popularity is the lack of awareness about the damage it causes to the liver. Packaged snacks like chips and baked foods are usually high in sugar, salt and fat. Try eating healthy snacks like apples and nuts instead.
What to eat for liver health * Oatmeal: Foods that are high in fiber help the liver function optimally. So you can start the day with fiber rich food like oatmeal in an effort to keep the liver healthy. Studies have shown that eating oatmeal reduces weight and belly fat. It is a good way to prevent liver disease.
* Coffee: There is good news for those who cannot go without coffee. Drinking coffee benefits the liver. Studies have shown that drinking two to three cups of coffee per day can protect the liver from damage caused by alcohol or unhealthy foods. Drinking coffee can also reduce the risk of liver cancer.
* Green Tea: Drinking green tea will give you lots of catechins antioxidants. Research suggests that this antioxidant may protect against some cancers, including liver cancer. If you make your own tea and drink it hot, you will get more catechins. Ready-to-drink green tea or iced tea is low in catechins.
* Almonds: Almonds (especially almonds) are rich in vitamin E. Research suggests that vitamin E may protect against fatty liver disease. Almonds are also good for the heart. So you can eat a handful of almonds as snacks every day.
* Spinach: Greens contain a powerful antioxidant called glutathione. Antioxidants help the liver function properly. So you can eat foods rich in glutathione to prevent liver dysfunction. A good source of glutathione is spinach. Apart from this, the antioxidant is also found in radish and centipede.
* Blueberries: Blueberries can have a huge positive effect on liver health. Polyphenols in this fruit can prevent liver problems such as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. People with high cholesterol and obesity are at higher risk of this disease. They can also eat foods rich in polyphenols, such as olives, dark chocolate, plums and blueberries, to reduce the risk.
© All rights reserved © 2022 sbanglanews.com
প্রযুক্তি সহায়তায় ROBIUL